Getting a pet is certainly a matter of beautiful experience; however, every beautiful thing comes with its share of challenges and you need to handle them because there is no escape from reality.
A cute puppy will definitely heighten the mood of your home, some innocent gestures, a little nuisance and a lot of fun, but then you have this issue of potty training because that is part of the whole happiness factor.
You cannot expect your puppy to behave like a full grown adult who would willfully find the potty area or hold it until you take it out to the yard. In fact, it can be a messy affair; therefore, you deal with this problem strategically and the best strategy is buying the potty and pee pads for your pets.
Now, before you invest money in buying potty pads, you need to know who needs them, why do you need them and how do they work?
Importance of potty pads:
- Pet owners who own pint-sized puppy that gets chilled immediately as soon as the temperature drops.
- Pet owners with unhealthy pets with mobility issues might find it pretty useful.
- Some dogs are just too frightened and timid to pee and potty outdoor.
- The dogs and pets undergoing potty training should use these pads until they finish their training.
- The owners who keep their dogs inside their home for a longer period because small puppies will not be able to hold pee for a longer duration.
- The owners who are constrained by busy schedule or cannot find a dog sitter should choose these pads
However, you need to buy the best products that are available in the market. Since the market is flooded with various kinds of products with different brand names and features, you should know what to look for.
What to look for?
Some best artificial grass for dogs is available with grass scents that attract and instigate puppies to pee on the pad rather than cluttering other areas of the home. Some pads come with ammonia scent that means your puppy is going to find the right spot for the pee because ammonia is a byproduct of urine and it tells your poppy that this is the right spot for the pee because it smells so.
If you have a small puppy, then branded products will be able to hold their wee but if you have big dogs and pets with incontinence issues, then you should buy a product that has better absorbency capacity. In addition, you also need to look at the size too because size also matters.
It is your responsibility to keep the environment safe so that you and your puppy can enjoy life on the planet; therefore, you should always look for pee pads made out of Eco-friendly materials.
Finally, after knowing the attributes that and properties of the pad that you need for your pet, now, you should conduct a research to find the best ones that are available in the market. Make sure that you read some reviews of various brands’ product offering and choose the one that suits your puppy in the best possible manner.
Buying the right product is not the end of the job because you still need to train your puppy to use the pad. Your pet is not going to pee on the pad magically just because you have bought one pee pad for them. If they had that much cognitive capability, then your pet would have been novelists. Long story short; you have to train them to use the pad. Here is what you can do to train them.
Train your dog to use pads:
- Do not make it look like a treasure hunt by putting the pad in the farthest corner. Make sure that you keep it at an easily reachable place so that your puppy can find it.
- If you cannot supervise your dog, then keep the dog in a confined room. Place the water bowl, toys and puppy pee pad strategically so that your puppy can use them while you are out of your home.
- Do not change the place too often because dogs are chore-oriented creatures. If you change the placement of pee pads too often, then you will confuse your dog in the very process. If you must change the place, then do it gradually and slowly by moving the pad a few inches every day.
Choose a place that is quiet and devoid of distractions
By choosing the dog pads, you will ensure that your dog goes through right potty training. In fact, it will make you save a lot of money that you might have spent in hiring dog sitter and trainers. So, carry out your research and find the best pee pad to train your dog.